The Harmax RollCAR is a two-position high speed roll transport system, designed to deliver rolls of material from a remote roll storage area to multiple unwind stands while eliminating clamp trucks around operators:
- Rolls of material are conveyed onto the RollCAR via segmented (tank track) conveyor belt.
- The RollCAR delivers requested roll to unwind and retrieves butt roll or partial roll to be conveyed back to roll storage area.
- The RollCAR is pit mounted and rides on heavy duty rails.
- Power to the RollCAR is routed through pit mounted conductor bars.
- System controls include:
- Regenerative braking at car drive wheels.
- On board manual maintenance controls.
- Smart horns and flashing lights each end of car.
- Laser safety scanners.
- Programmed interface to unwind stands.